Who does not like a nice warm dish of Apple Crisp with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
King Arthur Flour in Norwich, VT likes to put their own twist on the desert with their Apple Crisp Recipe.
Prep: 20 mins.
Bake: 30 mins. to 35 mins.
Total: 50 mins. to 55 mins.
Yield: One 8″ x 8″ pan crisp, 12 servings.
Baker’s Hotline: This traditional apple crisp gets bright new flavor with the addition of sweet-hot crystallized ginger.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Pie Filling Enhancer or Signature Secrets culinary thickener
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 cups cored, peeled and diced apples; about 4 large apples
1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
2 tablespoons bottled boiled cider or undiluted apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup traditional rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Heavily grease or butter 6 individual pie-slice pans, or an 8″ x 8″ pan.
1) Filling: Whisk together the sugar, enhancer or thickener, and salt.
2) Toss with the apples, crystallized ginger, and boiled cider.
3) Spoon the mixture into the pan(s).
4) Topping: Combine the sugar, flour, oats, nuts, salt, and cinnamon.
5) Work in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
6) Sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture.
7) Bake the crisp for 30 to 35 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
For more great recipes or to visit their store contact:
135 US Route 5 South
Norwich, Vermont 05055
If are looking for a romantic getaway, The Northfield Inn, a quaint bed and breakfast in Northfield is not too far away.
For more information contact:
228 Highland Ave
Northfield. VT 05663