Maple syrup is just not for pancakes, french toast and waffles anymore. There are hundreds of recipes that use this wonderful sugary concoction. Now that the sugaring season is upon us we are going to be featuring maple syrup recipes from Vermont maple producers and local restaurants in the upcoming weeks.
The first recipe we are featuring is from April’s Maples located in Canaan, VT and is called:
Best Breakfast Pizza
- Your favorite pre-cooked crust
- 2 tablespoons April’s Maple Syrup
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of ham, chopped (or your favorite breakfast meat)
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk eggs and milk, lightly scramble eggs (remember they will be cooked again in the oven)
- Brush pre-cooked crust with the maple syrup.
- Layer the eggs, meat and then cheese.
- Sprinkle roasted red peppers over the cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until all ingredients are warm and the cheese has melted.
So don’t wait for dinner to have pizza. It is great for breakfast too!!!!
For the following events and more visit Vermont.com Calendar of Events Page.
Maple Open House Weekend – April 2-3, 2016
Vermont Maple Festival – April 22-24, 2016
A big thanks to April for sharing this yummy recipe with us!