Vermont.com: What would you say are the Top 10 things about Smuggs in the winter.
- Award-winning Children’s programs (ages 6 weeks – 17 years) We teach skiing as young as 2.5 years and snowboarding at age 3.
- Smugglers’ Burton Riglet Park Tree House for youngsters ages 3 – 6 years
- 3 Interconnected mountains with 1000 acres of all-terrain access, 78 trails.
- Weekly torchlight parade and fireworks – every Thursday Night
- Mountainside Condominium Lodging and Resort Village with shopping, dining, entertainment and activities
- Park your car and forget it!
- Friendly Staff – many with years and years of in great customer service
- Women’s Weekly Clinics on Wednesday & Saturday
- Easy to get to – via major interstate highways and close to Burlington International Airport
- 34 Kilometers of cross-country ski trails and 24 kilometers of dedicated snow shoe trails
VTC: Favorite après ski food and drink – what and where?
Smuggs: Awesome homemade chili and Long Trail Prohibition Ale at the Black Bear Tavern at the Madonna Mountain Base Lodge.
VTC: What should every first time visitor to Smuggs know?
Smuggs: We have a very flexible reservation cancellation policy! If you need to change your reservation – there is no fee. And if you cancel 7 days or more prior to arrival, we give a full refund… if you cancel within 7 days – we apply your deposit to another stay within 2 years! (Anyone who has kids knows how one minute you can be packing for a trip and the next minute you are headed for the pharmancy to get a presciption for everyone in the family. Nice to know you don’t have to lose out on your vacation dollars when things like that happen.)
We also guarantee you’ll learn to ski or snowboardor improve your technique in our Snow Sport University programs or your money back!
VTC: For those who want to take a break from the slopes for the day and head off the mountain – what would you recommend?
Smuggs: Take your family to new heights with our year-round ArborTrek Zip Line Canopy Tour at Smugglers’ Notch… featuring 8 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, 2 rappels – So much fun you won’t believe it! (My kids and I did this last summer and had a BLAST!)
VTC: Best part about living/working in VT?
Smuggs: Fresh mountain air and skiing, mountain biking, swimming and the spectacular surroundings – right outside your door!
VTC: Most challenging part about living/working in VT?
Smuggs: I’ve lived in Vermont for many, many years and love it… but about 5 years ago we moved to within 3 miles of Smugglers’ – we had visitors every weekend in the winter! I thought I was running a bed & breakfast – it is really really fun!
VTC: Anything new for Smuggs this winter?
Smuggs: $1,000,000 in snowmaking improvements including 150 snow guns! Great surface conditions all winter long!
VTC: Anything you would like to add?
Smuggs: Smugglers’ is a year-round resort specializing in family vacations with a mission to be “The Best Resort for Family Fun Anywhere!’ We are so sure your family will have fun we actually guarantee it! Family Fun Guaranteed at Smugglers’ Notch Vermont! Summer programs are awesome too with 8 pools and 4 waterslides… Sandra – you can attest to that! (EDITOR: So true – we take a family vacation there every summer and love it!)
Spectacular views from the mountain tops.
Love watching the kids in the Riglet Park and participating in the Thursday Cookie Race – hosted by Mogul Mouse, Billy Bob Bear and the Friendly Pirate.
Gotta try the the Lake Champlain Chocolate Tasting on Wednesday in the Summer & Winter!
Nancy Illemann Rock is the Director of Marketing at Smugglers’ Notch and has worked there since 1977