Are you looking for a healthy alternative to potato chips? Once you try these Beet and Sweet Potato Maple Chips you are bound to be hooked. They are a baked vegetable chip that are sweet, salty and tasty. Best of all they are good for you!
We are sharing this recipe from Butternut Mountain Farm, located in Morrisville, VT. They having been making maple syrup since the 1940’s and are known around the world for producing award-winning maple syrup products
Beet and Sweet Potato Maple Chips
1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and peeled
1 medium beet, scrubbed and peeled
2 tablespoons Grade A Dark, Robust Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil few pinches of sea salt –
- Preheat oven to 325 and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice your potato and beet with a mandolin set on 1/16 inch thick.
- Mix maple syrup and olive oil in a gallon zip lock baggy, add sliced veggies, and shake to coat.
- Place veggie slices in a single layer on your prepared baking sheets, making sure no edges overlap.
- Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending upon thickness or until they appear dried.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack…. and snack away!
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Grab a bowl for the chips, sit down and pop in your favorite movie. Be careful though, these could be come additive..
For more information on the following events and more visit Vermont.com Calendar of Events Page.
Maple Open House Weekend: April 2-3, 2016
Vermont Maple Festival: April 22-24, 2016